Nursing cover letter sample
Need to revitalize your job search? This sample cover letter for a nurse can help give your career a healthy prognosis.
If you’re a nurse, you know the power of making a connection to others. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for nursing. To be considered for top nursing jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a nurse, or download the nursing cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers and search for nursing jobs on Monster.
Nursing cover letter template
Lydia Newland, rn
Sometown, TX 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Mr. Thomas Smith
Human Resources Manager
55 Palmetto Ave.
Sometown, TX 55555
Re: Pediatric Nurse (Ref. #555555) Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Smith:
With nearly 10 years of experience as a pediatric nurse at ABC Children’s Hospital, I offer the proven clinical skills, healthcare knowledge and record of patient-care excellence that you are seeking for your pediatric nurse opening.
In 2007, I completed a clinical rotation at XYZ Hospital under the supervision of Sally Right, RN. The program’s exceptional pediatric program and provision of life-enriching children’s activities stood out to me. I would like to be part of this caring team.
Please consider my credentials:
- BSN, RN and certifications in ACLS and PALS.
- Extensive experience caring for newborns, infants and children of all ages, with a history of top-rated performance in pediatrics, NICU and PICU practice areas.
- Proficiencies in various EMR and EHR patient records and charting systems.
- Outstanding communication skills with colleagues, patients and families.
- The ability to support and collaborate with members of interdisciplinary medical teams.
I share XYZ Hospital’s commitment to quality care and would welcome the chance for an interview. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lydia Newland, RN
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Nursing Cover Letter
Personalize the nursing cover letter sample for your own use when applying for a nursing job.
This resume cover letter is designed to get the reader's attention and ensure that your job application is followed up on. Highlight your experience and skills as they relate directly to the nursing position you are applying for.
Use this sample letter to create a nurse cover letter that clearly outlines your skills and why you are the right person for the job. It is the cover letter that will get your resume read and take you to the next level in your job search.
Nursing Cover Letter
Your contact details(phone and email)
Mrs Emily Blackstone
Director of Nursing
Unity Hospital Center
450 First Avenue
New York, New York 10016
Dear Mrs Blackstone
I am submitting my resume in application for the recently advertised R.N. position at Unity Hospital Center. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in critical care nursing will make me an asset to your nursing staff.
Some key points that are relevant to this nursing position include:
- I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from XYZ University in 2010 and my Certification in Critical Care Nursing in 2013.
- I have experience caring for a broad range of patients from infants to senior citizens within various scenarios including post-operative, infectious diseases, medical, oncology, intensive care and emergency departments.
- My particular areas of expertise include ICU and CCU, intravenous therapy, emergency procedures and patient and family counseling and support.
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated nurse with the ability to remain focused and self-directed in very high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to caring for patients and the ability to function as an integral part of a treatment team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at Unity Hospital. A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a health care professional.
I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your nursing needs. Please contact me via phone or e-mail to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Need help with your nursing resume? Use the sample nursing resume to develop a professional and persuasive resume.
Nursing ResumesFree Sample Resume Template
Registered Nurse Resume
Nursing Job Description
Nursing Cover Letters
Cover Letter Formats
Cover Letter Template
Basic Cover Letter
Nursing Cover Letter Tips
Nursing Job Interviews
Nursing Job Interview
Nurse Interview Questions
Before your send off your nursing cover letter proofread it thoroughly and read it aloud a couple of times to hear how it comes across. Make sure you have referred to how your specific skills and strengths meet the needs of the employer and nursing opportunity.
Allow your professionalism to come across in the cover letter and make sure your resume and job application receive the right consideration.
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Nurse Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page