A List of Unique 8th Grade Expository Essay Writing Prompts
Expository writing tests the ability of an 8th grader to understand a scenario, idea or event and describe it. Prompts are used to provide a scenario or context which the 8th grader is supposed to expound. Prompts for 8th graders should revolve around imagination and things that they come into contact with on regular basic.
Here is a list of prompts that would enable 8th graders to produce excellent expository essays.
- You have been invited to a basketball event that will be graced by your favorite NBA star. Describe how you would prepare when given the opportunity to shake his hand.
- Describe your favorite spot in town to a friend who has never visited the area.
- What is your favorite sport and why?
- You have woken up in the middle of the desert. You have no idea where you are. Describe how you would find your way around.
- It is 1500 and you are the king of your territory. Describe the one weapon you would recommend to your army to ensure that you are adequately protected.
- Imagine you are in front of the crowd at the United Nations plenary hall. You have been invited to speak on how to improve the education standards for grade 8. What issues would top your agenda?
- If you were to return to grade five, what things would you do more and better?
- Assume that you are living in a society that has no law. What thing would you enjoy doing that is prohibited for now?
- If you had a chance to become a pet, what would your favorite animal be and why?
- Write an essay explaining to a friend how to learn riding a bicycle
- You have been given an opportunity to become a teacher today. Which teacher would you become and why?
- One morning you wakeup and you have a button in front of you. The button is used to decide which weather will prevail for the day. Explain the weather you would choose and why.
- You have been given an opportunity to organize an event that will be enjoyed by everyone in your neighborhood. What event would you organize and how will you make sure that everyone enjoys?
- If today was your last day alive, what would you do?
- Who is your favorite musician and what do you like about him/her?
Looking for custom essay writing service? Visit our site - 24/7.
27 Unique Expository Essay Writing Prompt For Middle School
The aim of an expository essay is to inform the reader about a concept or idea. This is a core part of communication and must be mastered at the earliest age including middle school. Prompts are used to explain the subject that you are required to write about. They provide a background that sets the perspective for the work that should be covered. Here are 27 unique expository writing prompts to think about.
- Describe you school in a way that makes it attractive to new students
- With an increase in the popularity of reality TV shows, do you think recorded shows are facing extinction?
- More people prefer cats to dogs for pets. Why is this the case?
- Video games should be included in the school curriculum. Why?
- One sleeps soundly on a rainy night. Explain.
- You wake up in the morning and find a package under your bed. Describe the experience.
- It is time to go to school yet the road is covered in snow. Explain the feeling.
- Your hair always looks good. Explain how you style it every morning.
- You need to prepare for the visit by two of your best friends. How do you do it?
- A clean head is good for your health. Describe how you wash your hair.
- Which is your favorite storybook? Describe its plot
- You have come across an item that was not yours. Write an expository essay on what you did with it.
- Your favorite breakfast involves a sandwich. Tell us how you prepare one.
- Compare a dog and a cat as pets.
- This year has been different from last year. Explain the difference you experienced.
- You have your favorite teacher. What makes him or her unique?
- Some students do not complete school. Explain why this happens.
- Bullying should be faced with strict punishment. Why?
- People in rural areas are poorer than those in urban areas. Why?
- Why does drug and alcohol abuse begin at home?
- Why are many students not interested in news?
- What can be done to make this country a better place?
- What can make your school more beautiful than it is today?
- Many animals are abused. What should be done?
- Who is your idol and why?
- If you were given a chance to be one celebrity in the world, who would that be and why?
- Which is your favorite vacation destination?