IT cover letter
Is your job search experiencing some downtime? Reboot it! View this sample cover letter for IT, or download the IT cover letter template in Word.
As an IT specialist, you’re in high demand, so make sure you put your best foot forward in the job search process. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top IT jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for IT, or download the IT cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about technology careers and search for IT jobs on Monster.
IT cover letter template
Sometown, DE 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Mr. Thomas Jones
15 Elm Street
Sometown, DE 55555
Re: IT Helpdesk Technician, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Jones:
I am interested in joining your tier 1 helpdesk team. A longtime fan of ABC Corp’s commitment to customer service, I bring to the table a strong customer service mindset combined with technical skills honed throughout my 15 years of helpdesk experience.
Key strengths include:
- High-volume ticket management. In my current position as helpdesk support specialist for XYZ Co, I handle 1,725+ tickets per month, fully resolving and documenting issues for future reference.
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding performance targets correlated with call handling and customer satisfaction goals.
- Technical knowledge:
- Windows (all versions); Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012; macOS; Unix
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- LAN, WAN and WiFi network technology (DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP and Nagios)
- MS Office 365/Exchange
- Recognition for exceptional service delivery through “ACE Team Member” awards.
Mr. Jones, if you are seeking an experienced, tech-savvy and customer service-oriented helpdesk technician with the proven ability to establish excellent relationships with customers, employees, vendors and manufacturers, we should speak.
I look forward to learning more about this position and can be reached at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Your cover letter is the first thing employers will see - make yours stand out.
The competition is tougher than ever. With so many qualified and experienced candidates out there, how do you make sure your cover letter makes an outstanding impression?
Based on years of experience writing and reviewing successful cover letters, recruitment expert James Innes guides you through the secrets of writing outstanding cover letters. You’ll find out all the insider tips and winning methods to make sure your cover letter never fails to impress.
* what employers really want to read
* what makes a brilliant cover letter stand out
* the 15 most common cover letter mistakes – and how to avoid them
* how to secure a job interview from your cover letter alone
The Cover Letter Book has full, free online support – cover letter templates, tools and reader offers – all available through The CV Centre online at www.ineedacv.co.uk/readertools.
No matter what your age, background, job or level of experience, The Cover Letter Book will help you create an outstanding cover letter.