There is one problem that even the most professional and seasoned writers have and it’s called “writer’s block”. This is something that can happen to the very best and it’s quite common for it to happen to students who have to write essays but they have no real passion for writing.
The thing is that you are probably not even suffering from writers block, but instead you are having problems with lack of motivation.
In this article, we are going to be looking into the most useful ways for you to be motivated to write when you are not feeling like you want to get things done.
First of all, the best motivation video for you!
Think of the benefits
This is the first thing you need to do in order to get rid of that lack of motivation and it will be very useful. If you have no interest in writing an essay or a paper that you need deliver for as assignment, you have to consider the importance of getting this done and the many benefits that come from working on your assignments as soon as possible.
This usually means you will have more free time and you will feel that the pressure of getting the assignment done will be out of your way.
Think of the consequences that come from not doing the work
- If he benefits are not going to be a good way for you to get motivated, you need to be able to consider the consequences that could come from failing to get the work done and this is going to be a great way for you to get going and finish your work.
- This is extremely important and you have to think of the many disadvantages that come from your lack of commitment to writing an assignment.
- You have to remember that you decided to get into college for the purpose of getting a degree and getting a good job and if you don’t do well you will not be able to get a good job.
Get in the writing mood
- The best way to get in the mood for writing is to get away from all distractions, but before you do that you could go out and ride a bike or jog for a while. Then take a shower and make yourself a cup of coffee or tea and sit down in front of your computer with your phone switched off and your TV or social media pages logged out on all of your devices that are connected online.
- This is going to make it easier for you to get things done and finally start feeling motivated to write.
- If you still feel like you are not being able to get motivated, you might want to do other activities that will get you inspired, but none of them should involve watching TV, playing video games or going to your social media pages.
- Those distractions will usually drain tour motivation even more and you will never get the job done if you don’t get away from this kind of distraction.
Finding the motivation to get an essay done is also going to be about your ability to be responsible.
Motivate yourself with all of the tips that we have just given you and this is going to make things much easier for you. You have to consider all of the important things that are going to make this process easier for you.
Always consider the importance of getting your writing assignments done as soon as possible and this is always going to allow you to have the best results possible.
Tags: How to, Motivating, Psychology, Writing skills
Sometimes you may feel demotivated, unwilling to set about working or going on with your studies. Everything seems to be useless, you feel that whatever you do, it won’t change anything.
In other words, you just cannot do anything because you don’t feel like doing something. It may happen due to a number of reasons:
- A succession of academic failures that break down your self-confidence.
- Personal problems.
- Problems with your health.
- Topic you should write on is mind-bogglingly boring or simply outside the sphere of your interests.
But whatever it is, the result is one and the same – you don’t want to go on working.
However, there is no need to worry – you are not the first or the last one to pass through such a condition, and people have been dealing with this problem long before you were born and some of them were and are successful in it.
- First of all, if you don’t feel like working, maybe you shouldn’t? We don’t mean that you should give up the task if it seems to be difficult to take on; but maybe you are tired? Or have been thinking or doing one and the same thing for too long a period of time? The best cure in this case is to take a break. Either deal with other assignments, or simply have some rest and don’t think about this one.
- This method, however, works (and works surprisingly well) only in the case you have a reasonable amount of time before the deadline. If there is no time, some other methods should be used. Try persuading yourself that you have motivation – after all, your mark or even more may depend on this work.
- If it is not enough, create an artificial motivation – promise yourself a reward for doing the task on time – it doesn’t matter how big it is, just something you like.
- Break up your task into a number of smaller ones in order to feel accomplishment when you finish any of them.
As you may see, lack of motivation is more of your inner, psychological problem, than something that exists in reality. Once you change your point of view, the thing you look at changes as well.
Create motivation for yourself, or simply rest if you are tired. You are the only master of your own thoughts.