The business world is complex, sometimes cruel, and full of pitfalls. Not many experienced analysts can predict the development of the market. Students who study at business departments are often assigned with business research papers in which they need to investigate diverse companies, consumer behavior, and the flow of active assets.
However, teachers understand that students can’t be absolutely accurate in issues that concern the future or potential actions. Therefore, instructors usually evaluate students’ abilities to analyze and prove opinions. Also, they expect interesting business topics for research paper writing from students. Below, you will find unusual research paper topic ideas that you can use to complete your paper.
Business Topics for Research Paper: Workplace Diversity
What is work place diversity? Briefly speaking, it’s a company’s strategy that implies hiring employees of different ages, races, ethnicities, and genders. Is it just tolerance in an effective marketing strategy? Choose the subject for investigation below and find the answer to this question.
- How does gender influence a person’s ability to manage large and small teams?
- Why do companies that work in certain niches prefer to hire youth? Explain with an example of one or several similar organizations.
- How do the differences in ethnical cultures affect team-building processes?
- Are there difficulties in cross-functional cooperation of departments that contain people of different ages?
- What types of companies hire more men than women and why? Do they believe that stereotypes on the efficiency of such a hiring approach are empirically confirmed?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Management Techniques
A slew of factors affect the growth of companies, and one of the key factors is effective management. How entrepreneurs of top organizations build businesses so that they rapidly develop, as well as their strategies and techniques, are ideas you can explore by creating an essay on the topics below.
- What personal qualities should the perfect manager possess?
- How to find out preemptively that a person is ready to hold a managing position? Are psychological tests effective in defining this?
- How do entrepreneurs of big companies develop emotional resilience to stand out during a crisis?
- To what extent is top management responsible for building good relationships among colleagues?
- What steps should managers take to fulfill career longings and ambitions of each employee?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Success of Small Businesses
Though big companies have more sources for product enhancing and advertising, they sometimes lose small businesses in definite niches, such as bakeries, flower shops, coffee houses, and others. Why is it so? Try to understand how this happens by writing a paper. Here are some ideas:
- What types of products do consumers often purchase from small companies instead of big companies?
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- How would the market change if small businesses became extinct?
- What niches don’t fit small businesses?
- Is organizing a business with a friend a good or bad idea? What are advantages and disadvantages?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Franchises
Typically, businessmen buy franchises when they don’t want to spend much time on the concept of a brand, advertising, or marketing strategy. What are advantages and disadvantages of buying franchises? Investigate the issue using our topics:
- What are the disadvantages of buying a franchise comparing to setting up a new business?
- Why are fitness franchises becoming more and more popular?
- What franchise models exist and which should be chosen for a coffee house?
- Should franchisees promote the brands on their own or is it the responsibility of franchise holders?
- What items should be included in a franchise agreement to save the franchisees from spending much money without reward?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Globalization
Globalization has an impact on market tendencies and companies’ approaches towards consumers. Companies need to adopt new techniques and marketing strategies to satisfy consumers’ needs. Examine the following questions on globalization.
- What factors should companies consider when deciding the market and country of which they would like to come?
- How has consumer behavior changed since the beginning of globalization?
- How does the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- Does the process of globalization still prosper, or will it inevitably see a decrease?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
Business Topics for Research Paper Ideas
- Will involvement in a charity make a company more popular and likable?
- If personal guns are banned, will this ruin the handgun production industry?
- Should minimum salary (or minimum wage) be canceled? If so, how do you evaluate each employee’s work?
- Will the traditional definition of commerce and retail die in 10-15 years, and shopping activity migrate entirely to the Internet?
- Is advertizing on the Internet more effective than other kinds of ads?
- Should tobacco production companies be obliged to pay more taxes or donate to cancer curing facilities?
- What are the main disadvantages of outsourcing?
- What role does business ethics play in making important decisions for a company?
- What roles do ethics and morality play in a business-oriented society?
- How do you make a museum exhibition interesting and marketable?
- What are the key factors that contributed to high sales rates of mobile phones in the last three years?
- What are the challenges faced by companies with international human resources?
- What are some old and rigid corporate rituals that are still present to this day?
- Is brainstorming as effective in creating business solutions and ideas as it is said to be?
- Define “healthy work environment.” How can you create one?
- What is the best country in 2016 to invest money in and why?
- How do both world crises and military conflicts influence business in the US?
- Is it true that people are more willing to pay for a famous brand than for a commodity with the same properties produced by a less famous brand? Why or why not?
- The power of image in modern business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- What are some psychological tricks that make people buy more expensive goods or a higher quantity than they had originally planned?
- What is the culture of consumerism? Do you believe that it was artificially created by the largest companies for their own profit?
- How does feminism influence products for women (clothes, make up, etc.)?
- What are the most influential brands among teenagers in recent years?
- If recycling is made mandatory, will it influence the prices of goods? Will it be beneficial in the longer term?
- Is it acceptable for companies to be allowed to advertise their products in schools?
- How has social media changed marketing strategies that we use?
- Should every company hire a psychologist to deal with employee stress?
- Corporate sports and art classes as enhancers of creativity and healthy work environments.
- Why have start-ups become so popular in recent years? What is the reason for the occurrence of this phenomenon?
- How can entrepreneurs be encouraged to lead more eco-friendly policies in their companies?
Here you can also find international business research paper topics. In case you are interested in other subjects to write your research paper within, check out the list of outstanding research paper topics.
After looking through so many topics, you might be a little bit bewildered about what to choose. It’s better to select a subject that you partly discussed in class or which you care about. Also, you shouldn’t take easiness as a key criterion for making a choice. Some topics that can seem easy can turn out to be difficult, and vice versa. In case you are panicking and can’t concentrate on anything, apply to EssayShark.com research paper writing service. Our support team will help you to overcome academic challenges.
The studying of many disciplines is impossible without independent research work, when students should improve their understanding of the topic and delve deeper into the details of an issue. That’s why students are often assigned research papers.
So, you have realized that you are ready to write your research paper. It’s obvious that before you start writing, you should pick the right topic and research paper type. Perhaps you have one or several cool research paper ideas, but are you sure that you will be able to write a good paper?
Before you will be ready to pick one from research topics, you should answer the following questions:
– Is there an issue that you are really interested in?
– Have you heard something controversial or curious in articles and mass media about the topic?
– Do you have enough information to make research?
– Does the topic meet your further research plans?
In any case, the best assistants when writing research papers are only reputable sources like libraries, open access journals, encyclopedias, reliable news, and academic sources. Various materials that you can find on the internet should help you choose a topic, so don’t skip any chance to get more ideas.
Make the most to find more research paper topics from which you can choose the most suitable for you. To pick the right topic, think twice! Make sure that it will be interesting both for you and your audience. Many topics were already covered by hundreds of students and it’s become a real quest to find interesting and innovative topics for research papers.
List of Topics and Ideas for a Research Paper
We have created an exhaustive list of topic ideas that would be a good basis for research papers. You can use them as they are or choose the direction they are leading to. We hope this list of good research paper topics will serve you as a good source of inspiration, so let’s check it out!
Marketing Research Paper Topics
- Marketing in the healthcare industry: overcoming characteristic features and following trends.
- The relationship between cultural indicators and attitudes toward ads.
- Retro design and nostalgic marketing: influence of nostalgic trends in consumer behavior.
- Quantitative research of consumer attitude toward food product advertising.
- The peculiarities of sporting event marketing and promotion of tourist destinations.
- The impact of religious traditions on tourism marketing and its commodification.
- Analysis of characteristics the content should have to help advertisements go viral.
- Marketing analysis of the intelligence property market and its peculiarities.
- Peculiarities of marketing strategies and market analysis in the video game industry.
- Using symbols as a marketing tool in the example of Starbucks.
International Business Research Paper Topics
- What is Baidu? Describe what products it does and what perspectives it has.
- How can MME (Multi-National Enterprises) and global institutions contribute to global sustainability in the fishing industry?
- How do US corporations like Microsoft cheat with tax and profits? (check out our tax research paper about US corporations)
- What is the financial state of TATA Motors? What are the perspectives?
- What challenges has Netflix faced during the launch in India? What strategies does Netflix implement in developing markets?
- What distinctive characteristics does China’s internet have compared to the US?
- What problems does Uber face? What should be done to avoid them?
- What retail assortment management strategies does Amazon implement?
- Why global computing companies like IBM move their centers to India?
- What is Ethereum and how can it be used in business processes? (read an Ethereum research paper sample to find out the answer)
Find more international business research paper topics.
Economics Research Paper Topics
- What are the principles of monopoly power? What are functioning and regulation problems of a monopoly?
- Should the Adani Carmichael mine be supported? Describe the situation and possible solutions.
- What were the main causes of the Asian currency crisis in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Korea?
- Describe Sino-Pakistani cooperation and the history of rapprochement of relations between Pakistan and India.
- What is intelligence-led policing (ILP)? What strengths and weaknesses have been identified with this model of policing?
- What influence does the federal reserve system have on the US economy?
- Competitive risk assessment and the estimated target market.
- Economic issue of importance in food policy. How can food policy prevent world hunger?
- Discuss the role of the WTO in freeing the world trade during the past 10 years.
- Should the government classify Bitcoin as a legal currency?
Medical Research Paper Topics
- How can children’s drawings help with the diagnosis of psychological and somatic disorders?
- How does epidemiological monitoring influence the changing approaches in asthma treatment?
- How to evaluate risk factors of osteoarthritis and prescribe contemporary therapy?
- How to handle pain among newborns? How to prevent pain or minimize the level of a newborn’s discomfort?
- How does over-attention relate to obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)? What is the exact behavior of over-attention? (you will find the OCP Disorder Research Paper here soon)
- What are characteristics of viral and alcoholic cirrhosis? What differences are in disease management?
- Does proper nutrition and dieting influence the development of dementia? (read the full Dementia Research Paper about Proper Nutrition)
- What treatment is the most effective for blunt chest trauma care in acute nursing?
- What treatment should be chosen for managing patients with HPV in the reproductive age?
- What therapy should be chosen for functional disorders of digestion in children?
History Research Paper Topics
- Why did Italian cities turn to minting gold in the thirteenth century?
- Is it helpful to describe the Agora in Athens as a ‘zone of competitive reciprocity’?
- Analyze etymology resources of a word’s history and stories.
- Discuss conventional theories and causes of the Great War.
- What was the background and consequences of the Battle of Jerusalem 1917?
- How did the American Revolution influence women’s rights? (find more details in our Women’s Rights Research Paper sample)
- What was the significance of chivarlic code and how did it work?
- How did Japan’s food culture transform through the centuries?
- What was the most important figure in the history of Christianity?
- Ancient traditions of the Amazon: territorial and religious aspects.
IT and Technology Research Paper Topics
- What is net neutrality and where can it lead to?
- What technological innovations are developed in mechanical engineering?
- How to protect automotive software of smart cars from cyber attacks?
- What does “NextGen” mean for business aviation?
- What are solutions in the current problem of the mobile payment systems in Walmart?
- How can automation and smart service improve HR services?
- Describe the Big Data technologies and their opportunities on the market.
- What strategies are implemented for sharing intellectual property?
- What are the prospects of online privacy security? Can it be real?
- What opportunities does a virtual reality business have?
Business Research Paper Topics
- How to build trust and bid for a price in negotiations?
- Do bonuses boost the effectiveness of sales?
- Does gender diversity enhance the financial success of the company?
- How should competitors of the same industry collaborate and why?
- Should the companies create the new product or first announce the idea to consumers and analyze their reaction?
- What are the effects of inaccessibility to a company’s mobile application?
- How can inviting millennials to management positions help the business?
- What helps some companies stand out during negative macro shocks?
- How do consumers conclude that certain goods are worth their prices?
- Which strategy saved IBM from insolvency?
Find more business topics for research paper.
Art History Research Paper Topics
- How was the human body represented in the works of the epoch of the Renaissance?
- What was the function of Egyptian art? Why were people not supposed to see it?
- What were the specifics of depicting scenes from the life of Christ in medieval Europe?
- What are common types of mosque architecture?
- What is the historical significance of “The Death of General Wolfe” – the painting by Benjamin West?
- Why was futurism the most politicized movement in the 20th century?
- How did Francis Bacon and the scientific revolution influence art?
- What similar characteristics do paintings of the time of the French Revolution and ancient Greek art have and why?
- How have Impressionists changed the hierarchy of subject matter in art? (here is the Impressionism Research Paper Sample)
- What significant changes did Andy Warhol bring to the advertising industry through his art?
Check out more art history research paper topics.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Psychological effects of child molestation that can cause problems in personal relationships.
- Should parents ban children from playing with toys “out of their gender?”
- How should parents identify the gender of children with ambiguous genitalia?
- Are there differences in psychological needs of people who cause themselves suicidal and non-suicidal harm?
- How does same-sex parenting affect children?
- What similar traits do prematurely born children have?
- Are crying and maltreatment connected for children?
- To what extent should law regulate family affairs?
- Does the person who relates to several groups have many selves?
- Do children benefit from growing up in nuclear families? (read more in our Nuclear Families Research Paper Sample)
Sociology Research Paper Topics
- What is the impact of overcrowded prisons on American society?
- Can movies change the value systems of people? (check the sample of Research Paper on Movies and People Values)
- How can commercialization of organ transplants affect the amount of people saved due to transplantation? (check out our Organ Donation Research Paper)
- Do backup cameras set up on a car invade people’s privacy? (see the details in our Research Paper on Privacy of Backup Cameras)
- Can Islamophobia be considered as religious discrimination? (read the Islamophobia Research Paper)
- Are US driving laws more driver or pedestrian oriented? (check Research Paper Sample on US Driving Laws)
- Should Facebook be censored?
- How to protect informational safety in the era of social media?
- Should the government provide homeless children with education?
- What sphere negatively influences democratic journalism more significantly – politics or business?
Literature Research Paper Topics
- What role does size play in Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels? What does the size symbolize?
- What does Mama’s plant symbolyze and how does this symbol develop throughout the novel A Raisin in the Sun?
- How has the role of the dream changed from Alice in Wonderland to Through the Looking-Glass?
- Through which characters and how is the theme of alienation from society revealed in Crime and Punishment?
- Does Jane Austen criticize women’s views on marriage of her era in Pride and Prejudice? (look through Pride and Prejudice Research Paper)
- How is the theme of superiority of youth and beauty depicted in The Picture of Dorian Gray? (The Picture of Dorian Gray Research Paper Sample will be available soon)
- Why can’t Claude Frollo be considered a typical antihero in The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
- How is the theme of animal instinct depicted in All Quiet on the Western Front? (All Quiet on the Western Front Research Paper will be available soon)
- How does the setting influence the perception of the story in The Great Gatsby?
- Which literary works are referred to in Fahrenheit 451 and why?
Drugs and Drug Abuse Research Paper Topics
- Is Marijuana a “gateway” or a “stepping stone” drug?
- Pathways to the disease and pathophysiological perspectives of heroin addiction.
- Prevention of substance abuse and addictions through counseling at-risk youth.
- Alcohol and drug abuse among homeless and runaway adolescents.
- Treatment research of addiction and substance abuse.
- Principles of drug abuse treatment for the criminal justice system.
- Prevention of prescription drug overdose and abuse.
- Substance abuse rates and treatment within LGTB communities.
- Side effects of principal doping substances.
- Pros and cons of drug testing among college students.
Education Research Paper Topics
- The effect of computers on students’ performance.
- Aspects and main principles of adolescent psychology.
- The role of prayer in schools and colleges.
- Social effects of teenage team sports in public schools.
- Psychological aspects of bullying in schools in the US.
- Future of digital learning at educational institutions.
- Using cognitive psychology in the learning process.
- Dynamic aspects of teenage friendships and educational attainment.
- Effects of standardized testing on the learning process.
- Pros and cons of home schooling compared to attending public schools.
Sports Research Paper Topics
- The reasons why chess should be considered a sport.
- Factors which influence the difference in female and male salaries in sports.
- The ways to reduce fan aggression that is enhanced by media.
- The appropriateness of women coaching men’s teams and vice versa.
- Sport betting should be prohibited as gambling.
- The role of sports in overcoming posttraumatic syndrome.
- The effect of age on the performance of athletes.
- Cheerleading should be banned for girls and boys aged under 18 for excessive sexualization of this type of sport. (check out our Cheerleading Research Paper Sample)
- The influence of athletes’ sexual orientation on their image and reputation.
- The most cruel kinds of sports that should be prohibited.
Find more sports research paper topics.