A Selection Of Good Thesis Topics For Advertising: 20 Unique Ideas
Writing about advertising is never the easiest thing to do. In order to get a good grade in this subject, students need to create an entirely unique, interesting topic. To get the ideas started, the following adverting thesis topics can help. Students can use these thesis topics the way they were written or modify them for an entirely new topic.
- To get women to smoke, advertisers had feminist protesters carry them in marches and called them “torches of freedom”. How successful was this advertising campaign?
- What is the relationship between physical beauty and advertising?
- When did celebrities and sports stars first become the voice of a product? What caused this to develop?
- How has photoshopping images caused advertisers to come under fire from the general public?
- How has advertising differed during different time periods?
- How was subliminal messaging used in 1950s Coca-Cola products? Was it effective?
- In what ways have advertisers used feelings of patriotism to inspire a purchase and customer loyalty?
- What are some of the emotional effects of advertising? Are people happier if they see more advertisements each day?
- How can advertisers use podcasts to spread information about their product? Are podcast advertisements different than normal advertisements on the radio?
- What changes in an advertisement depending on the gender that it is targeted at?
- How do different countries advertise a product? Use examples like the Chevrolet Nova's sales in Mexico to make a point.
- How is it decided which advertisements are too risque to be on the air? What censorship practices are in place in the industry?
- What makes for a good political advertisement? What have been some of the best political advertisements in history?
- How does Internet differ from traditional advertising methods? How do some of the techniques use differ?
- What proportion of the United States economy is devoted to advertising? Does this effect the nation's economy in a positive or a negative way?
- What caused market researching to develop in advertising? How is it used today to decide what types of advertisements to run?
- Are short, inexpensive ads online actually effective? What studies have been done that demonstrate the effectiveness of these advertisements?
- What stereotypes in advertising are still present? How have advertisers tried to change the image of women and families to adjust to more modern standards?
- How does advertising impact the human mind? Is it positive or negative for someone's mental health?
- What companies have been successful through just word-of-mouth marketing? Are there successful businesses today that have never spent money on advertising?
Choosing an apt thesis topic is the first step to success, that’s why it is important to take it seriously. Firstly, it should be manageable, neither too narrow nor too broad; secondly, it must be interesting for you. If you still don’t know what to write about, here is the list of thesis titles in the field of advertising that can come in handy:
Describe how the process of advertising has changed with the appearance of the Internet.
Decide whether this kind of business can be considered art. What kinds of art is it connected with?
Explore the history of advertising from the very beginning up to nowadays. Note the main changes.
State whether neurolinguistic programming used in advertising is effective.
Analyze alcohol and tobacco advertisements and decide whether they are appropriate. Should promoting such things be banned?
Explain how advertising influences our mind and what psychological tricks make us buy this or that product.
Do research in the field of psychology and state what people are guided by while choosing goods to buy.
Explain how the design of something influences the consumer.
In this paper, describe 5-10 world’s most famous brands: their history and way to success.
Point out the most famous marketing tricks that help manipulate the consumer; define the most effective ones.
Devote this paper to the most efficient marketing mechanisms that can promote our goods in the best way.
Do research and define what is more important for success: good quality of a product or an apt advertising.
Analyze the advertisements and state what advertising should be banned; explain why.
In this paper, explore peculiarities of advertising texts in terms of stylistics.
State the reasons of using such a thing in advertising; decide whether it is appropriate.
Define what goods will always be popular even without promotion.
Describe the types and styles of advertisements.
Explain what makes us buy this or that thing.
How does advertising influence children?
In this paper, make up a list of the most profitable things to advertise.